You’re waiting for me
I’m waiting for you
We still have different things to go through
Rest calmly as he prepares our souls
Wait patiently for his perfect plan
Searching for love has never done me good
So I will wait here for you, just like I should
I have written those words over 2 years ago and still feel the same exact way today.
Recently, I had to create boundaries with a dear friend of mine and it was (and still is) a very hard thing for me to do. I am walking in faith at this time. This is not something that I want to do and this is hurtful. However, for the long run, I believe this is what I need to do.
There’s a man in my life who is very unique to me. He lives on the opposite side of the country as me. He is a good friend of mine. He has many special characteristics that I believe are hard to find in a person. He is so unique to me that it hurts. I have loved him to the point where it hurts. With lots of God’s grace and compassion, we have maintained a friendship from across the country for over 3 years. My friend knows many things about me that many others do not know. We have spent countless hours skyping, messaging, and talking on the phone. I know that he cares about me deeply.
Since he is so unique to me, I have a very hard time processing the fact that we are not together. He is so special to me – how come we are not together? It doesn’t make sense in my mind. He seems to care about me a lot, so why can’t we be together. That’s how my mind processes this.
Days of thoughts turn into weeks, and months, and now years have accumulated and my feelings for this person haven’t changed. When I have experiences with other men, I compare those experiences to the moments I’ve had with him and the comparison has never come close to matching.
So how and when will I find peace with this situation? What is needed? What is the faithful thing to do?
Well, for starters, I believe I have to focus on God more. I also believe I have to let go of this person and see what happens from there.
I will do my best to remain faithful to what I believe God is calling me to do at this time and even though this goes against my earthly desires, I really hope to remain faithful.
I’m not sure who the Lord has planned for me to be with. But I do look forward to that day when I understand who that person is and I want to be ready for that time.
Praise God for all that he does.
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Waiting & Promises
- Luke 12:36 – like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him
- Acts 23:21 – Don’t give in to them, because more than forty of them are waiting in ambush for him. They have taken an oath not to eat or drink until they have killed him. They are ready now, waiting for your consent to their request.”
- Hebrews 6:15 – And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
- Hebrews 9:28 – so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
- Numbers 23:19 – God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
- Genesis 21:1 – [ The Birth of Isaac ] Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised.
- Genesis 28:15 – I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.